- For those of you who partied a little too hard last night, and you’re in NYC, get yourself to one of these bars this morning for a Bloody Mary.
- And maybe make some shot glasses with your leftover bacon??
- Meehan’s newest project is a little out of the ordinary...
- Is it more surprising that I don’t think 2 gallons are a lot in a year?
- These vodkas don’t taste like your ordinary vodkas. And no, they’re not flavored.
- Finding rare bottles of booze can be hard nowadays. Here’s some tips to help you.
- Could this be the most accurate jigger EVER?!
- Get excited about some new bitters. No, really!
- Instead of flowers this year, nothing says love like a dragon Negroni pin.
- And finally, of course America would think this novel virus outbreak had to do with beer.
We’ll be back to our regularly scheduled booze recipe posts next week, but first… more booze news…
- First, do you know what a squash is when you’re talking about cocktails? Our latest recipe over at Simply Recipes will explain that AND give you a no ABV cocktail you want to drink this winter.
- And if you like that, try this tea and tonic drink too!
- Do you know American Single Malt Whiskey? Here’s your cheat sheet.
- Remembering Tiki News and the Tiki Revival of the 90s.
- And now you can go drink like a Caribbean local with these drinks.
- The Sober Curious movement sees an increase in the UK.
- Can’t make it to London to visit Tayer + Elementary? You can still make some of their drinks with these recipes.
- They might be calling it the Red Russian River soon...
- This twitter thread on drink advertising photos is fantastic.
- And finally, if you enjoy cocktails, chickens, and fresh ingredients, PRE-ORDER THIS BOOK!!!
- If you’re saving your nonalcoholic drinking for “Sobertober” you can preorder what looks to be an amazing collection of booze-less drinks.
- Or if you’re looking for nonalcoholic drink options in SF, try these places!
- Are you surprised that your bartender might also have cut out alcohol?
- And if you want a NoABV drink at home without a lot of complicated syrups and the like, check out these bottles.
- I’m thoroughly impressed with the use of mango pits here to make a syrup. Talk about a stainable cocktail pantry!
- And if you want to stock up your cocktail pantry with more homemade items this year, check out our BUY or DIY series for lots of options.
- Is Vietnam on your bucket travel list? Here’s some great bars to try while you’re there.
- Put this on your to-do list… make your perfect Martini.
- It’s the 100 anniversary of Prohibition. And what a dark time that was...
- And finally, apparently it’s champagne that will help you live past 100.
- First, we rounded up some of our fav non-alcoholic drinks from the site. Check them out!
- Also, if you’re looking to simplify your cocktails photo editing, we’ve made it even easier to grab one of our Classic Cocktail Presets for Lightroom Desktop and Mobile.
- AND! I’ve got a brand new shrub recipe up over on Simply Recipes right now. If you like pears and ginger you should be clicking this link right now.
- While Dry January is helpful to many, it’s also major dollar signs for noABV brands.
- New year’s goals include knowing more about wine? Then you must read this book.
- Planning a a happy hour or dinner soon? Check out what wine to drink with what charcuterie.
- Meat not your thing? How about these cheese and beer pairings!
- Chill a whole bottle of wine in 3 minutes. Beer in under a minute…. You just gotta wait until October.
- What makes a perfect Manhattan? Some bartenders weigh in on that.
- And finally, just because youÂ can order a Baby Yoda cocktail doesn’t mean youÂ should order a Baby Yoda cocktail.
What might have seemed like a gimmick years ago, now is an established period of reset for many drinkers. If you’re opting to try a #Dryuary yourself, we’ve got a few non-alcoholic options on the site that won’t have you missing any of the booze. Check these out!
- Looking ahead to the next decade, here’s a few trends in drinking that are sure to stick around awhile.
- And here’s 8 trends to look forward to (please don’t send me to a selfie bar…)!
- Some drinking resolutions from some drinking experts can be found here.
- And some additional round ups of what we drank and what was cool in 2019 over here.
- First, why are you stealing your grandmother’s booze, and second, sure, give me some new options for a nitecap!
- A private igloo, a $3,000 hot chocolate, gold shavings, New York City… my eyes have rolled so hard I’ve given myself a headache.
- FINALLY, a science article on whiskey that is actually cool.
- Like a Manhattan, take a walk through its history.
- Want more scotch in 2020? Start with these bottles.
- And finally, that’s not port from the 1800s, that’s pee. Happy New Year everyone!
I have walked through Star Wars land here in Southern California many, many times now and still, when I change lands from Disney to Batuu I still cannot get over the total transformation that happens. I honestly did not think I would care one bit about it, but I do find myself, while at Disneyland, making a point to stop through that land just to take in the sights and sounds. Oh! And they have booze there too!
This is not the first movie themed cocktail on this site, although it might be the first time I ever mentioned Star Wars on here. And so today, with the opening of The Rise of Skywalker, I bring you a transformative cocktail, with that fun parlor trick of color changing drinks, to channel a little bit of Rey on here. Will the cocktail stay blue? Will it go red? Somewhere in-between with purple? Do you even know what I’m talking about? Use the force.
If you don’t, it doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy this sweet and spicy concoction. Enjoy this cocktail you will (STOP IT ELANA YOU ARE EMBARRASSING YOURSELF).
Anyways, a few things to note about this drink and why I have it on my site.
- No, Lucasfilm is in no way endorsing this or even knows who I am.
- I was inspired by Tequila Cazadores, who I am working with this year as an ambassador, but this is not a sponsored post.
- Instant horchata mix is YOUR FRIEND! And so you can make a single drink, or a whole bunch of them with this magic powder!
- If you don’t care so much about the color changing and just want to drink your drink, go ahead and shake the whole thing together and then strain. But don’t forget the cinnamon!
Creamy, with fresh vegetal notes from the tequila and peppers, it has a spicy kick with a sweet finish.
1 ounce Spicy Blue Syrup (recipe follows)
1-1/2 ounces Tequila Cazadores Reposado
3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
4 ounces horchata
freshly grated cinnamon
In a highball glass, filled with crushed ice and pour in the Spicy Blue Syrup. Set aside. In a shaker filled 2/3 with ice, shake together the Tequila Cazadores Reposado, lime juice, and horchata. Strain over the ice. Sprinkle some freshly grated cinnamon over the top. Gently stir to combine and watch the force awaken.
Spicy Blue Syrup
1-2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 chile pepper, de-stemmed, seeded, and roughly chopped (Anaheim if you want less spice, JalapeÃ±o if you want more spice)
2 bags of butterfly pea flower tea
In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water, and chopped chile pepper. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add the tea bags. Let sit for 8 minutes and then fine strain tea bags and chile pepper pieces. Use immediately or keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
What you drink out of is almost as important as what you’re drinking.
So make it nice! Elevate your glasses this year with elegant coupes, gilt edges, and shiny copper. Even your water glasses could use a refresh. Maybe a statement glass or two that didn’t come from your uncle’s basement. And don’t forget the disco balls.
- First, if you need to fill a stocking for a booze loving friend, partner, or, I dunno, coworker…then check out our gift guide!
- Second, like port? You’ll love it in this hot cocktail perfect for the holidays or any cold day of the week.
- Thinking ahead to NYE, if you’re enjoying some caviar, then try these wines.
- It’s a Christmas miracle! Tiki drive in will stay open until the summer!
- Yo HO HO HO here’s a list of rums you should be drinking right now.
- Man, England gets the best whiskey gifts from Santa.
- Get yourself a bottle of aquavit and glogg ye shall make!
- Love this do-over video of the worst Old Fashioned ever made...
- Like smoky cocktails? Try some smoked beer.
- And finally, don’t be that drunk racoon that passes out from too much mulled wine this year.