Welcome to day three of our â€œOutfitting a Home Bar Under $50 (including booze!)â€ series. These guides are meant to be used either as is, or as a starting point to at least get the essentials in order so youâ€™re not stuck with guests and no cocktails. If you have some extra change weâ€™re also including one way to upgrade it as a bonus at the end of the guides!
It’s Tequila Thursday around here and today’s guide will get you set up with a Paloma cocktail plus a few extra tools and ingredients (Like a pinch tin of salt! Where my salt lovers at??). The grapefruit garnish is optional but I love a big slice of grapefruit in my drink to be honest.
Paloma Home Bar Under $50 ($49.74)
- Grapefruit: as I mentioned in the note above, this is optional, but it does make a pretty garnish.
- Jigger: nothing fancy but it gets the job done. The job being an accurate pour!
- Limes: fresh juice is essential here so make sure you have some fruit on hand all the time.
- Tequila: You can get a 100% blue agave blanco tequila for under $20 so go ahead and get the 750 ml.
- Pairing knife: you can’t cut fruit with your fingers so a basic pairing knife is a must.
- Ice cube tray:Â 1.25â€³ ice cubes are the perfect size for your highball glass so get a tray that makes enough for you and guests.
- Bar spoon: for gentle stirring of drinks.
- Salt: throw a pinch into your drink and rim your glass if you like it like that.
- Grapefruit soda: an essential part of the Paloma and these cans are great to stack in your bar.
- Highball glasses: Ikea has 5 glasses for under $5. Go ahead and stock up.
Upgrade to a Spicy Margarita ($42.98)
**Prices on products are subject to change and we cannot guarantee that youâ€™ll still be able to score all this under fifty bucks come holiday season. Or two years from now. Pricing not including shipping and local taxes.
Leave a Reply