Welcome to the final installment of our â€œOutfitting a Home Bar Under $50 (including booze!)â€ series. These guides are meant to be used either as is, or as a starting point to at least get the essentials in order so youâ€™re not stuck with guests and no cocktails. If you have some extra change weâ€™re also including one way to upgrade it as a bonus at the end of the guides!
Today we’re looking at the rum cocktail, the classic, the Daiquiri. You might only be familiar with the frozen kinds you get at the bar by the beach, but let me tell you, a simple Daiquiri is deceptively good, and super easy to make. And no, you don’t need a blender. (Also, realizing there’s a LOT of limes in these cocktail this week, so if you’re not so into those, shoot me an email or leave a comment below that you’d like a different, easy to make cocktail, and I’ll get back to you!) Hope you’ve enjoyed this series!
Daiquiri Home Bar Under $50 ($47.04)
- Rum: there are some great under $20 light rums out there now. Pick one you’d like to drink cause you’re going to taste it in this drink.
- Jigger: can’t stress enough how important an accurate pour is.
- Sugar: go ahead and make a large batch of simple syrup (1:1) and keep it in the fridge for up to a month.
- Pairing knife: there’s lime juice in the recipe so you’ll need to cut up some fruit.
- Limes: like I said…limes.
- Cocktail glass: again Ikea comes to the rescue. However, hit up some Goodwill shops or Etsy for my creative finds.
- Cocktail shaker: no need for a separate strainer as these have the built-in kind (Also, use your refrigerator’s ice maker to fill this with ice. No need for fancy cubes here).
- Citrus reamer: you need a lot of lime juice here so get it all out with a reamer.
Upgrade to an El Presidente ($32.05)
**Prices on products are subject to change and we cannot guarantee that youâ€™ll still be able to score all this under fifty bucks come holiday season. Or two years from now. Pricing not including shipping and local taxes.
Leave a Reply