- This week’s health claim: wine reduces vision loss.
- Cocktail. Snow Cones. Yeeeeeesssssssss!!!
- If you’re drinking a diluted Pimm’s Cup, you should just be drinking lemonade. Poor Wimbledon.
- Make Zima at home (I’m looking at you Death to Sour Mix)!
- A bunch of stupid drink hacks that I’m sure will end up as a Low Rent Cocktail on this site someday.
- Well, if beer wasn’t your thing, you can now have your fill of Game of Thrones wine.
- A little history on just why the hell we break a bottle of booze on ships.
- Observations about life from bartenders.
- Looking for a place to holiday this Fall? Try the absinthe trail!
- Are you in Los Angeles this week? Check out the Coconut Club Tiki Supperclub experience.
Monday Booze News snorting a martini, shrubs and orgeat are where it's it, and the CDC makes you feel guilty about having a glass of wine every day
- Coffee flavored wine. I’m…I’m so confused by this.
- Service charges for cocktails? Yea or nay?
- The health community continues to contradict itself with medical studies on alcohol.
- Shrubs. This summer’s cocktail buzz word (lives up to the hype).
- Musings on the history of the Martini with a recipe of one you can snort.
- Oh shit. We’re running out of whiskey.
- Yeah, Kentucky is beautiful, but we’re mainly coming to drink all your booze.
- Hella Bitters has a kickstarter for a make your own bitters kit. Check it!
- Everyone’s falling in love with Orgeat. All the Tiki folks like “duuuuuhhhhhhh”.
- Go grab some barefoot virgins and make Nocino today.
Monday Booze News Golden Girls drinking games, EXTREME vineyards, and a cocktail that tastes like money
- The World Cup is on (I’m watching and I don’t know why). Here’s a drink matched for every team playing.
- Honolulu is upping their tropical cocktail game and I’m having serious #FOMO.
- Floating vines, stray bullets…the world’s most EXTREME vineyards.
- Does “local” mean more to you than “taste”? The current situation with craft distilling.
- A drink a day keeps the eye doctor away!
- I’m all for “Sunrise Pick Me Ups”: a brief history of the Old Fashioned.
- Defining what makes “Tennessee Whiskey” if it’s not from Tennessee.
- Trendy bar name generator. I got Cleaver & Yard. I’d drink there.
- The World’s Most Imaginative bartender made a cocktail that tastes like money.
- Like drinking games? Like the Golden Girls? Here you go...
Monday Booze News Writing a cocktail book, beer for dogs, and getting scientific behind batching drinks
beer around the world. Keep this handy.
- Some excellent tips for writing a cocktail book from Michael Dietsch.
- Beer for dogs. Wine for cats. These exist in our world.
- And so does PB&J beer. Has anyone tried this yet?
- Not a bad list of gins, but missing so many others...
- Bruce Lee flair bartending style. Show off.
- Whoa New Hampshire! I guess if you’re stuck in the woods all the time you’re going to drink. A lot.
- A very scientific approach to batching cocktails (i.e. my new method).
- Nice little article on Jeffrey Morgenthaler who has a really great book out right now.
- It’s my birthday. Will someone please by me a set of handblown Aquavit glasses?
Monday Booze News Whiskey flavored pigs, support this oral history project, and what's in your house cocktail
an awesome campaign to record the history of the West Coast Cocktail!
- The oldest Tiki bars in America. I’ve been to 4 out of 5. I think this list is missing a couple though.
- WHO IS BRINGING THEIR OWN BITTERS TO THE BAR? WHO? Miracle Mile Bitters is excused from this.
- Canada…you’re so predictable.
- Whiskey flavored pigs. Seriously guys.
- Everyone should have a house cocktail. What’s yours?
- A great piece that argues both for rusticity and modernity for authenticity in Mexican spirits.
- Weird cocktail names. Monkey gland always sounded strange to me...
- A cocktail bar graph for the modern farmer.
- Plastic beer bag sounds both awful and applicable.
- Father’s Day is less than a week away. Here are the Stir & Strain gift picks!
Monday Booze News Negroni Week begins, do you really need to be told how to act in a bar, and why a certain celebrity chef should not be trusted to make your drink
- Negroni Week starts today. I kicked it off a little early last week.
- How are people not surprised that the unmarked bottle of slushie booze bought through Instagram could potentially kill them?
- Sometimes I find it funny that we need to remind people how to behave in bars. Like this.
- New for the 21st century! Snake oil dealers are now working with ice.
- 8 weird cocktail ingredients (a few of which you’ve seen here before).
- Texas, land of beer, is now the land of salty vodka drinkers.
- World’s most expensive drinks always tend to have a diamond stuck in there somewhere. Here’s a tour of them!
- Here’s 10 things that local venerated L.A. barman Eric Alperin hates (I hate these things too).
- Bottled cocktail: not just a fad.
- Need some day drinking ideas? Try these out.
- And whatever you do, don’t let Mario Batali make you a drink.
Monday Booze News today is the very last day to get your Mixology Monday entries in, drinking at Disney, and becoming a brand ambassador
have until MIDNIGHT (your time zone) to get your entry in for Mixology Monday!
- Highlights from this year’s Manhattan Cocktail Classic Gala. Bummed I missed it.
- Do you want to be a brand ambassador? Here’s some tips for landing that job.
- The rise of the Bitter in cocktails, with a side of science.
- So basically you’re telling me I need to drinkÂ more champagne? OK, I can do that.
- Flavor infused ice cubes are apparently the next big thing in cocktails.
- Great read on women in whiskey advertising over the last 100 years (spoiler: ad guys go horribly wrong).
- Cocktail hour a la Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf. With an ice luge.
- The barrel matters: some facts on aging whiskey.
- Seriously guys, I started my honeymoon doing this before we rented a car and drove around the South. I didn’t regret a moment of it.
Monday Booze News most influential cocktails of all time, doing shots with Connie Chung, and one more week till Mixology Monday ends
Monday for May ends in ONE week! Are you up for the challenge?
- Simon Ford gives us the 7 most influential cocktails of all time. I agree.
- I’m really into these fruity chasers.
- Barrel-apocalypse. The next shortage to hit the cocktail/liquor world.
- Speaking of barrels, this Tales of the Cocktail program is a little deceiving (IF ONLY you could bring your own barrel and fill it up).
- Right now I am enjoying berries in all my cocktails. Like this one.
- Roundup of the best cocktail apps. I’ve got Bartender’s Choice, Mixology and the new Thirstie. Do you have a fav?
- Does someone have a contact for Connie Chung? Cause I think I just found a new lady I’d like to drink with.
- I’d also like to drink with these ladies. Here’s a few recipes from some Speed Rack finalists.
- Father’s Day is coming up. Here’s a beer poster for the dad who likes beer (which is every dad).
Monday Booze News mandatory cinco de mayo links, 35 million year old beer, and the history of jungle juice
- If you’re in Los Angeles, here are Zagat’s choices for the 10 best Mezcal Cocktails.
- Not in L.A. but looking for a place to drink on Cinco de Mayo? Check these bars out.
- The Kentucky Derby may be over, but do you really need a reason for more Bourbon, Bourbon, Bourbon?
- Ok, so you did have too much too drink. Try these nonalcoholic drinks that actually sound delicious.
- Where is beer headed next? Apparently Africa.
- Everything you ever wanted to know about Jungle Juice.
- We turn again to Jim Meehan as he tells us what’s in a well-stocked home bar.
- Beer made from a 35 million old WHALE BONE. Beat that Game of Thrones beer…
- Looking for a challenge? Try these cocktails at home today from a few top bartenders.
- Some helpful tips on how to choose which Beer Festival you’re attending this summer.
Monday Booze News get served booze in your underwear, experts say to drink a bottle of wine a day, and the magic food that prevents drunkenness
SCIENCE: drinking until you’re (not) drunk.
- You’re less likely to encounter violence in England now outside the bar, but you sure are paying a lot of money for that cocktail.
- What your zodiac sign says about how awful you are at being a drunk.
- Regional cocktail recipes to start your week with.
- On demand booze service. From your smart phone. Pants not required.
- Dirty Rotten Wine Scoundrels.
- 3D printers now invading bars (but it’s pretty cool).
- Alcohol expert says drink a bottle of wine every day. It’s good for you!
- After all the hype, powdered alcohol is actually not coming to a store near you.
- And lastly, if you’d like to be reminded that there are amazing people out there in the world, read this.