First! Hello! Welcome to the long overdue, newly updated Stir and Strain site. We’ve made some tweaks to the site so that hopefully your searching on desktop and especially mobile will be a lot easier. We’ve also streamlined the sidebars and added a “recipes by spirit” section under the dropdown menu. Like our new look? The very talented Sarah Ferone designed the beautiful header and spot illustrations you’ll find throughout the site. We were over the moon when we saw these and hope that they bring a smile to your face when you stop by to visit the site.
If you experience any hiccups to the site while we smooth out things on our end, please feel free to send us an email or DM us on Instagram or wherever you social the most. Ok, now onto the news!
- First, have we stopped saying MacGyver as a verb? Am I old?! Here’s Punch Magazine’s “hacker” guide to cocktails.
- Wines from volcanoes sounds pretty metal and I’m into it.
- Los Angeles is getting a “BreakUp Bar” pop up for February because of course! Who’s secretly going to go on a date there just to breakup and then talk about it on social?
- Do you have over $50K to spend on a bottle of Scotch?
- Some cocktail bar history for you: the Old Absinthe House (and this is just part one!).
- Like changing up your cocktails? Here’s 5 takes on a reverse Manhattan that sound mighty tasty.
- Get to know Irish whiskey (you’ll be drinking a lot of it next month).
- I think we all need to buddy up with someone and do bottle swaps. Katie at the Garnish Blog has a great recipe for using Swedish Punsch from her swapping experiment.
- And lastly, the first date that I went on with my husband was at a bar, an Irish pub actually, and we both drank a lot of whiskey. So, I’m not sure who was interviewed for this survey, but clearly there is something wrong with these Britons.
Looking good! Cheers!
Excited about the new look!
Thanks so much!
Awesome! I’m a newer follower and this revamp is exciting! Looking forward to future posts and articles!
Love love love this new look!
Thanks!! Love to hear that!