and Goose is hosting a virtual Happy Hour Club for the next 30 days! Check out how to join in.
- Are we saying goodbye to all the awesome dive bars out there?
- So basically if you want to avoid a hangover you should eat more/drink less.
- Feeling bad about how much Washington gets taxed on booze. Pretty happy about living in CA.
- Spies! Suspicion! Intrigue! WINE!
- Your bartender doesn’t care if you’re a man ordering a banana daiquiri. And I don’t like sweet drinks because I don’t have a palate for very sugary things.
- What bartenders do care about: where they will drink.
- Los Angeles drinkers are all about customizing their drinks. Does your city offer anything like this?
- A handful of craft batch gin out of England. Also, do all distilleries name their pot stills? Prudence is a good name.
- Shrubs are so hot right now. Quick interview with Michael Dietsch for his upcoming book on shrubs (looking forward to this one!!).
I’m surprised about the customization thing. Some restaurants can be down right wicked about any sort of “substitution”. GREG
Los Angeles: the land of extreme opposites. Either do it yourself or you’ll have to do it our way.