Initially when food trucks were all the rage (are they still they rage or have we moved on?), twitter was my source for looking up where I might find my favorite hotdog/french fry/whathaveyou vehicle. Then I got swallowed up in it and never escaped. On the other hand, I find out about current events usually AS THEY HAPPEN, and I can go to my grave now knowing what twerking is (apparently not something to do with drugs like I thought) and that I don’t care about ever trying a cronut (can’t we just eat some pie?).
So here’s some boozy news to peruse while you drink your morning coffee and try to look like you’re working. Courtesy of the internet.
- So Los Angeles is getting an Uni Cocktail and Durian Bitters.
- Tea Cockail Mixers. I can’t tell if I’m buying this for the design or the product.
- Americans aren’t such a big bunch of lushes after all. South Koreans apparently are.
- Talk is cheap. And your Rye can be too.
- 10 Bartenders from around the world talk about trends for 2014. Some very biased, some really thoughtful.
- All aboard the Bourbon Cruise!
- In Russia, if you throw a couple diamonds into vodka you can call it the world’s most expensive cocktail.
- Like the taste of grass? You can drink it now too.
- The world’s first pour spout remover got funded!
- And lastly, photos of cocktails on fire. Another reason to visit Smuggler’s Cove in San Francisco.
I’m going to lump durian (anything) in with cronuts. Over-rated. GREG
Ha! Good to know (I’m scared of durian).
I DO love the smell/taste of grassy things. I’m not a vodka drinker, but that one has me intrigued. Spring and all. And the bottle is cool. And I’m a sucker for names like Oddka.
Grass-flavored vodka is new? They never heard of bison grass vodka/zubrowka?